Sunday, July 28, 2013

Durable performers: Bellflower - Campanula 'Ringsabell Mulberry Rose'


I received this Bellflower from Skagit Garden in 2012. Named Campanula 'Ringsabell Mulberry Rose', it has established well and become very lovely in just one season.

This year the bells are very attractive 1.5" long on a delicate stems with medium green leaves. The leaves on my plant stay nice and compact at about 4", while the flowering stems can reach up to 15" high! Very showy. It flowers in late spring through summer. Because of the shipping, it was a little rough around the edges at the start, but it has been an exceptional performer this year.


Disclosure:
I received this plant from Skagit Nursery Inc. in 2012. There was no request or obligation to review this vendor's products. This review is in response to my own findings in working directly with the plant.


What is a Durable Performer?
Why do I consider this a durable performer? Because my plants don't get much in the way of love. They need to be planted and grow with only the slightest intervention. No hugs, kisses or Christmas cards here. In 2012 there was a serious drought, so I did water to keep things alive, but that was it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Laura. I have added it to my wish list for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...