Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hail No!!!

As I was celebrating the rain this morning I thought, "great, I don't have to water" I must have overlooked that it hailed out too. All of the big-leafed plants took a pretty big hit. The Gryphon begonia was completely roughed-up. I think they'll all bounce back, but there were 1/4"-1/2" sized holes scatter-shot through the leaves with hanging chads dangling off one side. Here are some photos from the fallout. The last one is the saddest. I found a Tulip tree seedling and had just potted it up for my son. Truth be known, he probably would have killed it, but at least it would have been his to kill.

Gryphon begonia showing hail damage breaking the leaf petioles and holes in the leaves

Hosta with hail damage

Asarum europeaum    (European Wild Ginger) with hail damage and shrapnel from another plant

Calla Lily leaf with hail damage

Liriodendron tulipifera (Tulip tree) sheared-off at the stem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...