Friday, May 6, 2011

A true blue friend, the Forget-me-not

Myosotis slyvatica (Forget-me-not)
This is just a simple little true blue flower that is a biennial, will move around on you, and can disappear as rapidly as it appeared. Myosotis sylvatica or Forget-me-nots are one of my favorite little flowers. You want to stay away from rigid designs with this little plant and let it works its magic in its own way. It will perform better for you when well placed and left to its own devices.

The first time I saw this plant was in the Aosta Valley of Italy. It was a lighter blue. I don't know what the species name was, but it had the same petite qualities of this genus. It is a wonderful and happy little plant that dappled the large valley reminiscent of blue flecks of paint.


1 comment:

  1. Great photo. I've had the hardest time photographing these tiny beauties. Just planted some in my garden last fall, so hopefully it'll just take some practice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...